Custom collector domain name

Hello! Trying to setup my own domain for the collector and I’m not quite sure what needs to be done.
What I did:

1. Created a SSL cert in Amazon Cert Manager
  2. Added CNAME and validated my domain
  3. Filled certificate_arn value with the value I get from Cert Manager and specified enabled = true in ssl_information (in pipeline/default config)

What needs to be done next? Should I create DNS records to assign my collector dns name. (sp-collector-lb-XXXXX.elb.amazonaws.com) to my subdomain? But will always be this dns name the same even if I destroy terraform and apply again? Or should I specify my domain name somewhere in the config? Thanks

Hi @Georgy so yes generally next you would setup a CNAME record to point to the deployed load balancer which should then work over HTTPS assuming the certificate is correct.

The other option you have if you are using Route53 for DNS management for that sub-domain is to create an alias record (Routing traffic to an ELB load balancer - Amazon Route 53) - this helps in circumventing certain ITP settings such as CNAME cloaking as your Collector will instead resolve cleanly to IP addresses.

But will always be this dns name the same even if I destroy terraform and apply again? Or should I specify my domain name somewhere in the config? Thanks

If you destroy and recreate the CNAME will change so something to keep in mind certainly!