Terraform init error - Failed to install provider

I’m encountering an issue when running terraform init. I am trying to install iglu server in aws. I downloaded the latest terraform module of snowplow. The error message I receive is:

Error: Failed to install provider
Error while installing snowplow-devops/snowplow v0.7.3: could not query provider registry for
registry.terraform.io/snowplow-devops/snowplow: failed to retrieve authentication checksums for provider: the request failed after 2 attempts, please try again later:

This error appears during the initialization process, and I’m unsure if it’s specifically related to the snowplow-devops/snowplow provider version v0.7.3. I’ve checked my network connection, retried multiple times, and ensured my Terraform configuration is correct.

I am following the complete guide step by step that has given in the official page: Quick start guide | Snowplow Documentation

Any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve tried locally and installing that provider seems to work OK for me at the moment.

- Installing snowplow-devops/snowplow v0.7.3...
- Installed snowplow-devops/snowplow v0.7.3 (self-signed, key ID CEE55FAB4CB8326E)

Sounds like this is an intermittent failure for some providers. Did it give you the URL it tried like in that issue? Does that work for if you make the same request outside of terraform?

Today also terraform init is throwing the same error:

Initializing provider plugins...
- Finding hashicorp/aws versions matching ">= 3.45.0, >= 3.72.0, >= 4.0.0"...
- Finding hashicorp/aws versions matching ">= 3.45.0, >= 3.72.0, >= 4.0.0"...
- Finding hashicorp/random versions matching ">= 3.0.0"...
- Finding snowplow-devops/snowplow versions matching ">= 0.4.0"...
- Installing hashicorp/aws v5.59.0...
- Installed hashicorp/aws v5.59.0 (signed by HashiCorp)
- Installing hashicorp/random v3.6.2...
- Installed hashicorp/random v3.6.2 (signed by HashiCorp)
╷
│ Error: Failed to install provider
│ 
│ Error while installing snowplow-devops/snowplow v0.7.3: could not query provider registry for
│ registry.terraform.io/snowplow-devops/snowplow: failed to retrieve authentication checksums for provider: the request     
│ failed after 2 attempts, please try again later: Get
│ "https://objects.githubusercontent.com/github-production-release-asset-2e65be/195340391/...":
│ context deadline exceeded

I am able to access the URL from the browser.
what could be the possible reasons behind this?

After changing the network to the mobile hotspot, it ran sucessfully. This indicates that the issue was likely related to network restrictions or policies on the original network