We are very happy to announce the release of the snowplow-web v.0.2.0 dbt package.
For the latest installation instructions please refer to dbt’s hub.
This release predominantly brings support for the BigQuery adapter.
Improvements to the package architecture have also been made by reducing the number of models. In order to achieve this, breaking changes were required.
- Retire the
- Update Redshift integration test data (#8)
- Materialize scratch models as views (#13)
- Remove dbt_date dependency (#18)
- Update datediff based filters to timestamp based (#11)
- Fix filters to determine sessions_this_run (#12)
- Remove dbt_utils package import (#17)
- Fix package install instruction in custom_example directory (#10)
In order to retire the
snowplow_web_users_manifest model, additional columns needed to be added to the
snowplow_web_base_sessions_lifecycle_manifest incremental model. As such, in order to upgrade all tables in the
snowplow_manifest schema will need to be dropped alongside a full refresh of all models. This can be achieved with:
dbt run --models snowplow_web tag:snowplow_web_incremental --full-refresh --vars 'teardown_all: true'
This will drop all models within the package as well as any custom modules you have written and then replay all events.