Additionally in this release we are introducing the Privacy Sandbox Plugin. The plugin assists in helping websites collect user information exposed by the Privacy Sandbox available APIs that just became generally available in the latest Google Chrome version. In the first release of this plugin we collect audience data exposed as Topics.
The release also brings an improvement and fixes a problem in the media plugin introduced in version 3.12 of the tracker. It adds the ability to aggregate repeated seek and volume change events that frequently occur when the user is scrubbing the player controls. It fixes an important problem with the schema used for the player context entity. The URI of the schema was changed because it conflicted with another schema. Due to the schema conflict, the previous player schema was removed from Iglu Central, so please update your tracker in case you are tracking or plan to track media events using the media plugin.
Finally some integration test related improvements which brought down our CI time from 50+ minutes down to about 15 with improved stability and two new tracker APIs that allow for disabling activity tracking on the web trackers.
- Add Vimeo tracking plugin (#1156)
- Add PrivacySandboxPlugin (#1205)
- Filter out repeated seek and volume change events happening when user holds down the player controls (#1218)
- Allow disabling/stopping activity tracking functionality through a tracker API (#1161)
- Update vendor and version of the player schema used in the media plugin (#1222)
Under the hood
- E2E improvements (#1220)