LiveIntent is changing the way people and businesses connect on the Internet. We use big data, predictive algorithms, and machine-learning to solve complex problems and deliver proprietary business value to our customers. To help propel our explosive growth, we are looking for sharp minds who can translate ideas into action and help drive innovation. As the premier company bringing innovative, customer-focused solutions to email, a career at LiveIntent is an opportunity to help shape an industry while you hone your skills with leading-edge technology.
Our Engineering Department is looking for a talented and motivated Data Engineer to join the team. Your main job will be to take ownership of our entire data pipeline. You will design, develop and maintain our data platform by capturing and integrating data from our multi-terabyte auction platform as well as related data sources. You will also work with business stakeholders to develop reports, analytics, and insights. You will forge a close partnership with our data science team to deliver advanced analytics and solutions to our business and customers. We love open source software and contribute to Snowplow and other projects.
Your tools will be varied and governed in large part by your preferences. Most of our tooling lives in the cloud: Hadoop, Big Query, Snowplow, Tableau, RedShift, Voldemort, Cassandra, and others. We are in the early stages of building out our data infrastructure, so this is a great opportunity for the right person to have an impact on our data architecture and capabilities. If you have the desire to work with a leading-edge team in building a world-class big-data capability, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a degree in an engineering field.
- Is a relational database expert – SQL, loading, architecting, and tuning.
- Has a good working knowledge of the tools and languages used (Python, bash, node.js., SQL).
- Has experience building ETL pipelines and data loading systems.
- Has the ability to build and create the prototypes for the data solutions, from ad-hoc SQL scripts to exposing data via APIs.
- Has experience with distributed and columnar databases like Redshift.
- Has worked with data at scale, including nosql databases and Hadoop.
- Is familiar with Unix and has a general understanding of data modeling and warehousing.
- Is proficient with scripting languages, preferably Python. The more advanced are your programming skills, the better.
- Is able to improve the data quality and data delivery by creating the fail-safe mechanisms and alerting systems.
- Is passionate about design, and is able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures, loading paradigms, and design patterns.
- Has a strong desire to learn new technologies and the ability to put them to use.
- Is able to communicate well with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders.
LiveIntent is a smarter way to market and advertise in email. The LiveIntent platform helps over 1300 top brands deliver marketing and advertising messages in logged-in media to over 130MM unique, engaged people each month, in emails sent by over 1300 top US publishers and brands to their loyal subscribers. LiveIntent was recognized in both 2014 and 2015 as the second fastest growing company in NYC (by Crain’s) and as one of America’s Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015.) With the anonymized email address at the center of its platform, LiveIntent and its Identity Graph provides incremental reach to brands, in mobile inventory where brands are struggling to reach their customers beyond Facebook and Twitter. LiveIntent is now one of the largest people-based marketing platforms in the world reaching over 130MM logged-in people and also one of the first, having gone to market with the technology in 2010. LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Copenhagen, Detroit, and the UK, serving as home to 209 people and counting.
It’s a magnet for the best and brightest technology minds in Europe, and has a strong and growing deep technology innovation scene. It’s also multicultural and multilingual, and it offers a high quality of life for all ages and incomes. Great living spaces are very affordable, restaurants and gym memberships are cheap, and public transportation is more convenient than having a car. Festivals, cultural events and concerts to suit every taste are ongoing, and the nightlife is equally diverse and spectacular. Even wildlife and outdoor activities are plentiful in the surrounding areas, and the Baltic Sea is a two hour drive away.