It has been brought to our attention by the excellent @mike that the IAB enrichment incorrectly treats events sent by the Android tracker as spider-generated.
This is due to the fact that the default user agent used by the Android tracker, which is the one of the underlying library used to make HTTP calls (okhttp), is part of the IAB blacklist.
Who is affected
You are affected if:
- you are running the IAB enrichment, and
- you are using the Android tracker, and
- you have not customized the user agent used by the Android tracker
If you are affected, you will have a spiders_and_robots context generated for every event tracked by the Android tracker.
How to avoid this issue
In order to avoid this issue, you have to customize the user agent used by the Android tracker through:
- the Subject.setUserAgent method, or
- an okhttp interceptor when instantiating the okhttp client