Data Engineer in London
Treatwell is the largest hair and beauty bookings website in Europe. We’re an eclectic group of 500 people working in offices throughout Europe, with over 20,000 local partners. It amounts to a 24/7 beauty bookings platform that puts customers and salon managers in control, lets you book at times and prices that suit you, and gives you all the style know-how you need to look and feel amazing. We’re more than a smarter booking platform. We’re the place where you can express yourself, every day.
We’re a small analytics team (3 people) with a big challenge ahead, trying to serve a data-hungry organisation that is growing rapidly (in a couple of years we’ve grown from being a UK-only business with 50 employees to being in 11 markets with 500+ employees). We have a data pipeline that pulls data from various sources (transactional data, AdWords, Snowplow, etc) into our Redshift data warehouse, and we use Looker to model, visualise, and explore our data.
We’re looking for…
…an experienced developer to join our team (in London) to manage all technical and engineering aspects of our analytics infrastructure. This means that you will develop, implement and manage systems (and sometimes third party tools) to make sure data from a growing number of data sources and users keeps flowing through our data pipeline and that our data warehouse keeps ticking along as it scales. Occasionally we also need help optimising SQL queries and views.
You will be the only engineer/developer in our analytics team (for now) and you will be responsible for our analytics infrastructure and figuring out how it should scale. We are looking for someone who is self-sufficient, happy to operate as a 1-person team (although you will have access to a tech team that can offer support), and has a significant amount of experience in developing and managing complex data pipelines. Having a passion for numbers, analytics, big data, and how all of this can be applied to solve commercial challenges is of course a big plus.
What you’ll do
- Make sure data from an increasing number of data sources gets into our data warehouse
- Make sure our data warehouse scales and keeps ticking along
- Manage our AWS environment (Redshift, EC2, monitoring, etc)
- Understand the different tools used by the business and how data moves between them
- Support analysts in optimising SQL queries and data modelling
You’ll need to have experience with:
- Software development and programming, Python preferred
- Developing and maintaining complex data pipelines
- The AWS ecosystem and Redshift
- Data warehousing, schema design, data modelling, and SQL
- Competitive salary
- Free breakfast in the office with fresh fruits
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible Holiday Policy
- Work alongside a talented entrepreneurial team in the heart of London (WC1V)
Don’t hesitate to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.