Track touchmove event for mobile devices

Hi,
we implemented the JS tracker on our website. For desktop users, the page pings are sent correctly. For mobile users, this does not work if the user scrolled with his/her fingers. If we fake mobile usage by with remote debugging and scroll with the mouse, it works again.
To our current understanding, the issue is that the JS tracker does not contain an event handler for touchmove:

Any ideas how to fix this?

This is a good callout - I think this might just be a case of just adding touchstart / touchmove to the list of documentHandler events that determine activities.

2 Likes

Thanks @mike ! Would you suggest to add these events to the list and compile the JS ourselves, or could you incorporate it in the next release?

Hey @tziegler, thanks for the catch here!

We will look into that and I think we can get this in the next release :slight_smile:

Thank you @mike as well!

1 Like

Thanks, that would be great!
I just a similar open Issue in Github: Should we add touch screen events to the list of events which cause page pings? ยท Issue #479 ยท snowplow/snowplow-javascript-tracker ยท GitHub

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Perlepes ,
just as a follow up: Do you know if this will be part of the next SDK release? And do you know when the next release is on your roadmap?
Thanks!

Hey @tziegler,
The feature has been merged on the 3.9.0 release which is our next one. I am confident that in this week or the next one we would be able to release it :slight_smile:
Peter

2 Likes

Hi @Peter_Perlepes , do you have an updated timeline for the 3.9.0 release?
Thanks!

Hey @tziegler , we just released Snowplow JavaScript Trackers v3.9.0 released which includes this! Let me know if you have time to check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes