Snowplow mini errors

trying to start snowplowmin on AWS. Used the t2.2x large instance and started the instance. I get “502 Bad Gateway” when i see access ES. I dont see any docker instances running. When i ran docker compose , to run the services, i see these errors:
What else needs to be done to start snowplow mini. I think i am using the right size EC2 instance .

ubuntu@ip-172-31-30-207:~/snowplow$ sudo docker-compose up
Starting elasticsearch …
Starting postgres … error
Starting cadvisor …
Starting nsqlookupd …

Starting cadvisor … error
Starting elasticsearch … error

ERROR: for cadvisor Cannot start service cadvisor: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream: NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.
For verbose messaging see aws.Config.CredentialsChainVerboseErrors

ERROR: for elasticsearch Cannot start service elasticsearch: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream: NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.
Starting nsqlookupd … error

ERROR: for nsqlookupd Cannot start service nsqlookupd: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream: NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.

ERROR: for postgres Cannot start service postgres: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream: NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.

ERROR: for cadvisor Cannot start service cadvisor: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream: NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.

ERROR: for elasticsearch Cannot start service elasticsearch: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream: NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.

ERROR: for nsqlookupd Cannot start service nsqlookupd: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream: NoCredentialProviders: no valid providers in chain. Deprecated.
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

@krishnamoorthy Have you tried setting up Snowplow Mini using one of the existing AWS Community AMIs? You can refer to the setup guide here:

Hi Dilyan,
I did try using one of the community AMI’s in AWS. Now it is working, i see that that aws log group was not passed correctly.

Hi @dilyan, I used the 0.14.2 AMI but gave the role, even tried with *, created the snowplow-mini log group and even gave * permissions to the EC2.

Logged into the machine and tried docker-compose up and still can’t connect to the log stream.

Cannot start service cadvisor: failed to initialize logging driver: failed to create Cloudwatch log stream

Any tips?

Thanks
Joao

Hi @joaocorreia. Thanks for sharing the error you are seeing.

Was your snowplow-mini log group created before you launched your instance? If not, can you try launching a new instance now via the same setup guide instructions now that you’ve ensured that the snowplow-mini log group is there?

Hi @lmath my bad … was so used to setting up Snowplow mini that I thought I didn’t need to read the setup guide, and I was wrong. My apologies.

Thank you
Joao

2 Likes