We are pleased to announce Snowplow Android Tracker
This release enhances the Emitter component splitting it in three parts extensible and configurable: Emitter, EventStore and NetworkConnection:
- EventStore: handles the persistence of tracked events not yet sent to the collector;
- NetworkConnection: establish the connection with the collector and perform the requests;
- Emitter: Handle dispatching like backoff and retry of failed requests and aggregation of events in a single request.
The Emitter API still the same so EventStore and NetworkConnection can be configured automatically by the Emitter from the Emitter configuration.
In this feature we also allow the app to get the tracker logs (Error, Debug, Verbose) for debugging purposes. This can be helpful for inspecting issues during instrumentation of the tracker or troubleshooting of unexpected behaviours.
- Report logs to the app (#407)
Under the hood:
- Emitter refactoring (#409)
1.6.0 is available on Bintray .
The project’s source code can be found here.