Setting up snowplow Mini with external registry

Hi all,

I’m fairly new to Snowplow and other tools around snowplow. I have a question about Snowplow mini.
Basically, I have setup the mini instance with an external S3 registry repo, and I can verify that it’s actually being able to find the schema when I send test events (via kibana). However, I can not find the schema information directly from the snowplow-mini instance as follows:

curl -X GET "http://snowplowmini.url.com/iglu-server/api/schemas/com.abc/webhook_event/jsonschema/1-0-3" -H "accept: application/json"

This returns {"message":"The schema is not found"}. I was under the impression that Snowplow Mini will understand the request above and return me the actual schema that it will get from S3.

What am I missing here?

Snowplow Mini contains its own internal Iglu Server. When you make a request to /iglu-server/api, you are requesting schemas from the internal Iglu Server, rather than all of the Iglu Servers which the pipeline components within Mini will use to resolve schemas present in events.

There isn’t any way to get Mini to “forward” schemas from another Iglu Repository over APIs which are exposed on Mini. If you want to retrieve schemas from other Iglu Servers, or Static Repositories, you will need to make requests to those directly.

Thanks @PaulBoocock.