How data ownership makes you a more effective data scientist – Snowplow

Data scientists report spending 80% of their time cleaning and collecting data, leaving only the remaining 20% for actual analysis. As a data scientist, you spend time finding ways to query across multiple data sets, formatting data to work with different analytics tools, and applying any number of modifications to take data you’ve collected and turn it into data you can use.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at